Once your substrate is ready to go, your luxury vinyl floor will be installed. As with any other flooring product, it’s important to be prepared and know what to expect.
Luxury Vinyl Installation Techniques
Vinyl can be installed with one of three different techniques: full spread, perimeter adhered, or floating installation.
- Full-spread installation is when installers apply adhesive to the entire substrate.
- Perimeter-adhered installation is when the adhesive is only applied to seams and perimeters of the vinyl flooring.
- Floating vinyl installation is when no adhesive is used to glue the vinyl to the substrate.
Luxury Vinyl Installation Methods
Depending on the type of vinyl you have selected for installation, the process will vary in duration. The two types of vinyl floor installation methods are self-stick or glue-down.
- Self-stick vinyl is easier to install since the adhesive backing is already on the tiles or planks.
- Glue-down vinyl will require more work since each tile or plank will need to be individually glued down.
No matter what install method you’ve selected, you can be sure that our professionals are experienced in quality and efficiency.
After Your Luxury Vinyl Installation
After vinyl floor installation, you’ll need to make sure your room has good ventilation. You can help ensure good air flow by opening up windows, turning on fans, and taking other steps to air the room out for about 48 to 72 hours. Then, it’s up to you to care for and maintain your new vinyl floor.
If you have questions about floor installation, we would be happy to answer them for you. Feel free to contact us today.